Sunday, November 13, 2011

It's the Great Pumpkin Cheesecake!!

Is it almost Thanksgiving already?? I should know because my kids are all ready for it. Planning the food and what kind of new dishes they want to try. I can't figure out why anything new should be done. I love the traditional and lots of it.
Right now Kellie is bothering me for my Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe. I gave her some websites to look at the noooo, "I want your recipe!!" Had to look a bit for it. Haven't made it in awhile, and since she wants to do the honors, I say go for it!!
Erin wants to try sweet potatoes this year. We're not a bunch that has them so better late than never I say. As long as the turkey is big enough and plenty of leftovers I'm good.
I promise to be here again soon. Have to check out my recipes and trying to get some pics on this site so it's not all in your mind. ;0)
Happy Eating....

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Crust:
1 and 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup melted butter/marg
1/4 cup sugar

Filling:
3 (8-ounce) pkg of cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cu[ packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 (15-ounce) can Pumpkin puree
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 and 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

Topping:
2 cups sour cream, at room temp
1/3 cup gran sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat over to 350 degrees

For Crust...combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes (do not allow to brown) Cool on wire rack.

For Filling
...beat cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs, pumpkin and evap millk. Add cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; beat well. Poor into crust.

Bake
for 55 to 60 minutes or until edge is set but center moves slightly.

For Topping
...combine sour cream sugar and vanilla in small bowl, mix well. spread over surgace of warm cheesecake. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

For removal of cake....place sharp knife under hot water and slide around pan. Release spring and lift side of pan away. I use a large spatula (make sure to slide it under the entire cake before lifting off) for removing the cake from the bottom.

Happy Eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment