Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Great Zucchini Race....

My buddy Sharon from Bitchin Vittles got me thinking...I know that's really scary but hell, I never realize until I get my butt in trouble how loud I actually "think". You know in the tiny brain and out the big mouth is my motto...;0). Well anyay....she made the mistake of mentioning Chocolate Zucchini Cake, and that's all that mattered after that!!
I found this recipe in my neighbors church cookbook. You know one of those that had a one time printing and the pages are all crusty, dirty and torn up from overuse. Not unlike the Roy cookbook that everyone keeps talking about "redoing" and never seem to get it done!!!
Okay...okay, back to the recipe. We love this. It's moist, chocolatey and you use real buttermilk in it. I have used the fake sour milk (you know the vinegar and milk) but either way we found this to be a hit for anytime. The HS staff loves it and it makes a great snack cake since it has vegetables in it. Anything that will hide the flavor of that is my favorite!!! And if anyone has some Zuke to get rid of let me know...Tony wouldn't plant any for me ;0).
This can be served warm with ice cream or topping of you choice. And like I say everytime I add to this blog...
....Happy Eating!!!

Chocolate Zucchini Cake Bake at 325 for 45 minutes

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup oil (canola or veg)
1 & 3/4 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 cups shredded Zucchini

Add the following dry ingredients:
2 & 1/2 cup flour
4-5 Tbsp Cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup choc chips

Mix all together and pour into a 9 x 13 sprayed pan. I use extra choc chips on top of the cake.

Enjoy!!!


1 comment:

  1. Denice, you sh**! I was pretty sure when this came up we probly had the same recipe....I think our Gramma Meeuwsen's were sister-in-laws so hell, it could have come from them originally! Thanks for giving me credit as "loose lips"...from now on I'm going to prop a book up so you can't see my work!

    ReplyDelete