Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Oh what a night!!!

For those of you who attended our 3oth last weekend I thank you again for the great wishes and company. It was fun, although I'm not one to be "the center of attention" like that it was great to see all had a good time and got plenty to eat...I think.
Yes, we did the meat ourselves, the kids did the salads and such. But the cupcakes were made by Sarah Crosby. She's my sister's niece and did a beautiful job. And since I was banned from making anything that didn't go into the freezer I was really glad to have her help. Now for the big question of the day...."where's the recipe for those Raz-Ma-Taz Bars???". Just got it straight from the horses mouth...Kellie's in fact ;0). She found this recipe a few years ago and I told her I wanted them for the the party. So the sweet thing just did whatever her Mommy told her to do...She did tweak them a bit since there wasn't any raspberry jam, she used boysenberry. Like it really makes a difference. Either way, they're delicious and fills the empty spot until you get to the next dessert course...as I always say....
Happy Eating!!

Raz-Ma-Taz Bars

1/2 cup butter
2 cups white choc chips
2 lage eggs
1/2 cup gran sugar
1 cup AP flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup raspberry (or like) jam
1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees ...grease and sugar a 9" square pan

MELT butter in medium microwavable bowl on high for 1 minute, stir. Add 1 cup of white choc chips, let stand and do not stir

BEAT eggs in a large mixing bowl until foamy. Add sugar; beat until light lemon colored, about 5 minutes. Stir in white choc chip mixture. Add flour, salt and almond extract; mix at low speed until combine. Spread 2/3 of batter into baking pan.

BAKE for 15 min or until light golden brown around edges. Remove from oven onto wire rack.

HEAT jam in a small microwavable bowl on HIGH for 30 seconds; stir. Spread jam over warm crust. Stir remaining white chips over remaining batter. Drop spoonfuls of batter over jam and sprinkle with almonds.

BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes until edges are browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into pieces.

Makes 16 bars.

1 comment:

  1. I never got one....went for the cupcake bling first, then when I went back they were GONE....I cried all the way home. These are next on my list of new things to try, thank you Kellie for sharing!

    ReplyDelete