Saturday, October 1, 2011

The long hot summer....

Yes, it's me...I know my daughter will be so happy to see me here again. Been busy doing daycare this year and it's working out okay. I am in Granny-land and the babies are liking it just fine. ;0)
Between waiting for the weather to warm up and then whining because it was hot for a week. We Oregonians just aren't happy all the time are we?? But my garden this year isn't happy either since the local deer family (5-6 of them) like to come up and munch to their hearts content and leave me with nothing to can. I did get tomatoes from Lewis' and a plenty of red spuds for a couple months. But when they weren't eating they were lounging in the neighbors yard, fertilizing with natural ingredients and prancing with my cats. Stupid animals. Don't they know if they lay still they won't get hungry and leave the garden alone! Tony of course won't put up a fence since it gets in his way of tilling. Can't make those 90 degree turns with the tiller when you have something in your way...;0/
I did accomplish a major project...I compiled Grandma Meeuwsen's recipes for a family cookbook. It felt so good to have it done and give it to the family. I hope we can add our own recipes to it so the next generation will have something to look back on and enjoy.
Well, enough about me...I do have a couple "snacks" you can try. Found these in my stash and I know my Mom used them both. I promise to be better about keeping tabs on all of you...
Happy Eating!!!

Crab Dip

Not muss, no fuss...just mix it up and eat it with crackers or whatever you like.

6 to 8 oz cream cheese
1 can tomato soup
1/2 cup mayonaise
1/2 + of crab (you could probably use canned or imitation)
2 tsp lemon juice

Mix it up and enjoy...



Stuffed Mushrooms

You will need..24 med mushrooms
1 small onion - finely chopped
1/4 @ grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp worchestershire sauce
dash tabasco
pinch of Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp each - salt and pepper
1/4 tsp garlic salt
3 Tbsp bread crumbs

Add following to caps:
1/2 cup butter - melted
1/2 tsp worch sauce
dash tabasco
add paprika

Chop stems finely
Put 1/2 tsp melted butter mixture into mushroom caps

Then add the rest of ingredients into caps and broil until browned and bubbly.

Happy Eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment