Friday, July 16, 2010

Roy Cookie Recipes...yum

Been busy the past few days...when aren't I ever busy. Like the comment when someone asks you if you have a "real job" and you answer no...they then ask "what do you do with all your free time??" Hell, I don't know just eat, drink and bake! Acutally I've been known to do that.
I got all my recipes filed and even have the books (kind of) cleaned up. We're having a big 30th Anniversary bash next month and I've been weeding through all my recipes to find something spectacular to impress all the guests who are coming... I always keep going back to the original ones that everyone loves...Yep..and most of them are from the Roy file. So here's some goodies for all of you who ate at St Francis or your children came home from school and said Mrs Kent and Mrs Meeuwsen made the best cookies...actually they were left by the wonderful ladies who worked their butts off for the parish and most are gone now. I miss many of them and these recipes really bring back memories..Hope you enjoy them..this week is dedicated to all of them as I try and keep a daily blog for you...lets hope I can remember. Oh that's right, I'm old now too!!
Oh well, Happy Eating!!!!

Favorite Cookies

Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup marg/butter
3 eggs
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cream of tarter (or baking pwd)
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
1 12 oz bag chocolate chips (2 cups)

Mix ingredients in order given. (this is a perfect batch size for the KitchenAid mixer). Drop by spoon or scoop onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Let cool on rack and try to put into a container before they all disappear...or hide in freezer if you can.

I have used M&M's, raisins and almost anything you like. This recipe stands the test of time. We quadruple it when we made it for the school. When I do it for the Bazaar I double that batch. The country store gets a bit worried because they think we take away from their baked goods...Hey, everyone woman for herself I say!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment