Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Family favorites

I was trying to think of what the family really liked....my Mom was really good at making up dips and snacks so we could eat like pigs before dinner and then wonder why we felt like crap when we were so full we couldn't even roll out of the dining area to die peacefully...and then it came to me...Shrimp Dip. I'm going to put an official name to it too!!! It's not for those who have a shellfish allergy, you'll just have to watch and whine on the side while the rest of us eat it all up...

Ilene's Shrimp Dip

1 pint sour cream
1 8 oz brick of cream cheese
1 package of ranch dip mix (any brand)
1 small can shrimp (drain half of juice out or use all if you like)
(hint*** you can use "real fresh shrimp if you like also. Or....you can use clams, or any other seafood you like)
This batch is only a tad bit too small for our family so we always double it. ;0)

I mix this up with a hand mixer. Put into the fridge to chill and then eat with crackers, chips or your whatever your heart desires. I only make this on holidays because we really get sick eating it. Like I mean every day for each meal.



Chili Dip

1 can chili w/o beans
1 8 oz cream cheese
chopped jalapeno's (a little for you whimps or a lot for you stud muffins)
chopped onion (your choice)

Put into crock pot and let cook on high until it's all blended together. About 3 hrs or so. I usually start it in the microwave until it get soft and then put it in the pot. Serve with Tortilla chips and enjoy.

**Note....I times the recipes by 4 for a full pot. Really!!!!



Ham and Cheese Roll

1 can Underwood deviled Ham
1 8 ox cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar (you can mix and match your tastes as you like)
a couple dashes of tabasco

Mix all together and roll into a log or ball. Then chop nuts of your choice and roll it onto that. Wrap in plastic wrap and let chill.
But I have just put it in a bowl when I'm short on time and mix it late. Makes a great spread.

These are just a few of our favorites. Hope you enjoy them.

1 comment:

  1. Note to Denice: Best. Dip. EVER. (I don't feel so good...)

    ReplyDelete