Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's a bright new morning....get the hell out of bed!!!!

While I'm wondering why this day is even here I have already cleaned up the kitchen..somewhat. Put in two loads of laundry and folded one. But the rest of the house looks normal. In other words, messy as hell and I don't really care. But after delicious bowl of cheerios I'm still hungry for something sweet. Guess I'll put the Cinnamon Roll recipe up for all of you to make and eat. I love this....it's kind of a tradition on Christmas eve day. When all is winding down and nothing else to do. I deliver to my family so they can wake up early on Christmas morning and have warm rolls (don't forget the butter) for breakfast. But....it also is my therapy when I'm having a really crappy day...that's the bad one because I "double the double" recipe and go crazy. But haven't heard too many complaints either. This is "almost" a Roy recipe. It's similar to Rita VDM's recipe she has in the file. I find life is good when you bake!!!
Happy eating my friends...;0)


Cinnamon Rolls Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes

I use my large stainless steel bowl and my strongest whip..oh did I tell you I love whips! ;0)
(I usually half this recipe for a normal batch)

4 eggs
2 Tbsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup dry milk
1 1/2 cup oil

Separate bowl:

6 Tbsp dry yeast
1 1/2 tsp sugar
6 Warm (almost hot) water

Allow to stand until yeast begins to rise. Blend into egg mixture
Add flour (up to 12 cups or so) until too thick to stir.
Now give up the whip and get your hands dirty girl....
Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic**
Clean out the bowl a bit and spray with pan spray or oil it well (Spray top of dough also)
If you're in a hurry...turn your oven on low for a couple minutes and then turn it off. Let the dough raise inside...WATCH IT CAREFULLY!! I usually do my filling and icing and by that time it's double the size and ready.
When ready to work, divide into four sections (I don't always follow directions but hey, do what you want ;0)
Flour surface and roll out into rectangles. I like mine thick so they make big rolls. But you be the judge.
Spread softened butter over dough and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture. I use Brown sugar and cinnamon. Just my preference.
You can add raisins and nuts if you like also.
Roll into logs and cut and put into greased pans. I put 8 to 12 in each 9 x13 pan. But again, it's whatever you like. I've been know to go nuts (yes, I wasn't born this way) and use every pan in the house. If you want to give them away buy some foil pans at the dollar store. They work great and the rolls bake really well in them. No dishwashing afterwards either!!
Let the rolls rise to double and put in oven to bake.
I use a buttercream, cream cheese or just a plain pwd sugar/milk icing on mine. Any of these are great!!!

*Note...If you like sticky buns then you can put butter, brown sugar or nuts in the pan (melt it first in the oven). Then when they're done just turn them over onto a rack and watch the goo flow all over the place.

Hope you like this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment