Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pasta, pasta and more pasta....

Tony just calls them noodles. The rest of us are more ed-e-cated call them pasta now. Whatever...my sister Kelleen (there are no in-laws for me) gave me this recipe awhile back and I really loved it. In fact I was too cheap to buy the box so I kinda tweaked it to my own and it turned out great anyway...surprise!!! You'll probably be getting a lot of salads and desserts from me until the fall....then I get into the hot stuff. But with Sharon on my tail I don't think it's going to be any contest...I hate veggies...there I said it!! I hate them. But I cook them and will work with them. Just don't like eating them. Sorry folks but that's who I am...;0)
Well here's something you'll like for this summer and actually anytime.

Happy Eating!!!!

Chicken Pasta Salad

From: Kelleen Meeuwsen

1 box Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad Classic
1/2 cup poppy seed dressing ( I used Newmans)
1 1/2 cup diced chicken
1/2 cup halved red grapes
1/2 cup sliced celery
1/4 cup slivered almonds

Cook pasta, drain and rinse with cold water.
Stir together seasoning mix and dressing
Add pasta and remaining ingredients.
Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve later


This is what I ended up doing....;0)

2 - 12 oz bags veggie pasta
1 pkg good season dry italian mix
1 bottle poppy seed dressing
2-3 cups diced chicken**
1 to 2 cups grape halves...red or green
1 cup diced celery ( I had some peppers and red onions on hand and put them in)
1/2 cup of slivered almonds or other nuts of choice.
(Yes, Sharon you can use pecans if you like!!)

Cook Pasta per directions, drain and rinse with cool water
Add all remaining ingredients except dressing mix (I usually add that last)
**If you have vegetarians, then leave the meat out.
Lots of ways to play with it. If you're not crazy about the dressing then use something else that you like better.
I used this for one of my Staff lunches and they ate it up like a swarm of locusts. But then, what do guys do? Eat...right??

Enjoy and have a safe 4th of July!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment