Wednesday, June 23, 2010

St Francis Recipes...

Someone asked me for the Roy dressing recipe today...I was thinking about that and just love it when Kelleen and I have to make almost 50 batches of the damned stuff every year for the Steak and Ham dinner. But as I chewed a bit on that I remembered I have the whole file of recipes from the lunch program from the beginning.
Darlene used to help Berniece Rowley cook for the kids. Everything was from scratch...the rolls, real butter and maple bars....oh to die for. I'll bring them in one by one. Don't want to overload anyones brain. These recipes aren't for the faint of heart....Enjoy


Vinegrette Dressing (Roy style)

1 can tomato soup **
1 cup sugar
1 cup veg oil
3/4 cup cider vinegar ( I have used the white in a pinch)
1 Tbsp Worchester sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Mix all in blender for a couple minutes or until creamy. Store in closed container. Preferably in fridge.

** Mary Ann Trout told me she used tomato sauce instead of soup because of the gluten content. It really isn't much difference either way. And the sauce is cheaper too.

1 comment:

  1. I still have some of that in the fridge from the dinner in March...I don't think it ever goes bad. I'm looking forward to the steak recipe now that I can think about it without hurling. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete