Monday, June 21, 2010

Texas Sheet Cake

I know many of you must have made this at one time or the other and have different variations to use...this is one I use.

Texas Sheet Cake

In small sauce pan bring to boil:

2 cubes of butter
1 cup water
6 Tbsp cocoa

Add to the following:

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda

Mix well...I mix the dry ingredients up a bit before adding the hot mix...don't want to cook the eggs.

Pour into and jelly roll pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350

Frosting: This goes on as soon as the cake is out of the oven..yum!!

1 stick butter
6 Tbsp cocoa
6 Tbsp Milk (I like evaporated but you can use almost any kind*** you prefer)

Bring to a boil and add 1 box (about 4 cups) powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and some chopped pecans or other nuts of choice. We like it without the nuts.

Pour over the cake as soon as you get it out and let set for just a bit. It's great with ice cream or just eating with the girlfriends and wine!!

**Note - I usually add another "half" to the recipe and bake it in one of my bigger pans. It's about 12x18 and works great. Leave the icing the same though or it'll run all over the place. Well that might be a good thing though. ;0)

1 comment:

  1. If this is a competition, I am going to lose....I do not have the luxury of lounging about all summer thinking of cool new posts. Sigh...it's going to be at least 8 years before my car is paid off and I can afford the idea of going part-time - damn shiny vroom vroom!

    ReplyDelete