Tuesday, June 22, 2010

One of those days.....

As I'm sitting here eating a disgusting dish of cheese nachos...(it's not what I had hoped it would be) I wonder if somehow I could come up with something good for dinner tomorrow. Alas I have an invite out. Each day I say I'm going to get something done and it never happens. Today was a crappy day with my Dad so it's really hard for me to try and focus on food. Although I seem to eat enough to keep me from dissolving in a natural disaster. All of you "little, petite people" watch out, because in a disaster I have enough meat on my bones to keep me alive for quite sometime. You'll just wither away and wonder why you weren't born like me. :0)
Have to get the crock pot out and have the family do some french dips I guess. They do like that I know. And nothing makes a farm boy happier than beef.
When Kellie was in College I bought her a crockpot and a cookbook "Fix it and Forget it". It actually is a great book. Has some really good recipes and one of her roomies was amazed that "real" chili didn't come from a can. Maybe in a pinch the beans do but the rest is easy as pie. That reminds me Sharon...I'm going to conquer that pie crust yet!!
Now what to fix to go with the beef??? Can't seem to think right now but I'm sure something will come to mind...I'm done rattling for now...Happy eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment